Intuitive Birth Preparation: Dads and Sibling Preparation
[This is the last of a series of three posts on birth. The first was on labor, postpartum and other birth information. The second included links to birth stories and videos. This post is intended to gather links for dads or birth partners as well as resources to prepare siblings.]
With all the transitions going on for me and my daughter (who would be 26 mo at her brother’s birth), I wondered and worried about my daughter’s role during my second homebirth. As it turns out, she was fantastic and everything was natural and flowed. Some of my favorite moments were having her with me through contractions in the tub while I waited for the tub to be filled and reading the book “We’re Having a Homebirth!” right as my water broke and the final stages of birth ensued. Having her there was so special to me. In fact, when I needed to not be alone, she was the only one there! I love that girl…..
- REBOZO. With Gena Kirby. The labor tool that makes it all easier…
- Empowered Papa: Really Strong Dude (2 hr class for dads by a dad — check out the curriculum!)
- Is Your Birth Partner Supportive? (Stay at Home Papa)
- The 7 Secrets of Being A Home Birth Dad By Ven Batista
- Let Your Monkey Do It – A dad’s perspective on the homebirth journey and experience
- How to Get Your Partner on Board with Your “Crazy” Natural Childbirth Idea: A Man’s Perspective
- Homebirth Dads: The Dad’s Perspective on Homebirthing – Free radio interview download and pay DVD
- The Other Side of the Glass: A Birth Film for Fathers
- How Dads Can Help a Laboring Woman
- Homebirth Story from a Dad’s Perspective: Part 1 and Part 2
- Dads and Birth: At the Core of the Experience (audio recording of teleseminar by Empowered Papa)
- Bring Birth Home
- The Nurturing Father: Daddies and Babies (Birth Without Fear)
- A Dad’s Perspective on Nursing (and Nursing in Public)
- Should Siblings Be Included in Birth?
- Pregnancy, Birth and the New Sibling: 10 Tips
- 30 Natural Birth Videos and Slideshows to Prepare Children for Labor and Birth
- Transitioning the Only Child to Older Sibling
- Encouraging Children with New Siblings
- Want to get a Sibling Doula?